Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bye Bye Grapefruit?

When I got home from work the other night, Grapefruit and her friend were sitting in her carport. (I have yet to understand why all of the old people in my neighborhood enjoy sitting in their carports- I prefer my patio). I tried to go from my car to house as quickly as possible, but right when I opened the patio gate, Grapefruit said "Come meet my friend!". I was introduced to Louise, who is older then Grapefruit and who also lives in my 'hood.
Grapefruit asked "Do you know anyone who is looking to buy a condo?". I told her no, thinking she was trying to help Louise sell hers. But no.
"I think I am going to move so I will be putting my place up for sale" Grapefruit said.
Honestly, the first thought I had was how to continue the blog without its star. Not possible.
She went on to tell me about how she wanted to move closer to her daughter and into a 1 story condo. After some prodding, I found out her daughter lives 2 exits up on the interstate. I find it hard not to take her moving personal.
In my brightest fake smile, I tell her how sad I will be to lose such a great neighbor. This thrills G-Fruit, and she blushes and laughs. To comfort me, she assures me "I'll be here all the time! My church is right up the road so I can come visit a couple times a week!".
Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment