Monday, June 21, 2010

In The Garden

I went to walk Bruiser the other night, and to my delight, Grapefruit was sitting in her carport with another elderly neighbor. After Bruiser did his business, Grapefruit waved me over. She told me she had just gotten word that her CD is available to buy. I immediately asked her where I could purchase it. She gave me the name of a website, and asked if I remembered that. I repeated it right back to her. She told me she was impressed. Little does she know I have been anxiously awaiting this, and was hoping to get it in time for my birthday party. She told me she would be getting some copies too, but they were for family and friends. I guess I am not a friend.
Grapefruit then told me her stage name (she called it her "performing name"). It was her maiden name or something as her last name. I expected more out of her, really. She also told me the name of the album, which she said translates into something like, In a Garden. I told her that was lovely. She reminded me a lot of the album was in Portuguese, so if I needed help with the translation, I was welcome to just knock on her door or look her up in the neighborhood directory. (note- reasons like this are why I refused to put my number in the directory).
Grapefruit then told me she would probably have to go back to Brazil soon. I asked why. "Well, to sign autographs and to put on performances, of course!". Of course.
As soon as I got in, I tried to look up the website to order my copy of Grapefruit's debut CD. The website was incorrect. I am not sure if she didn't know the right website, or if this is another lie. Oh, Grapefruit....

No comments:

Post a Comment