Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Concert Series

A couple of weeks ago, I was sitting in my living room watching Dancing with the Stars. I kept hearing this weird noise, but figured it was the song on the TV the stars were dancing too. But the song ended and the show cut to commercial, and I still heard the noise. I muted my TV, and the noise became louder and worse. I ran upstairs to check on my cat and dog, they were both fine. I then started checking out my whole condo, terrified of what could be happening.
I heard some neighborhood dogs start barking, so I figured the noise was coming from outside. I peeked cautiously out the front blinds, and then I saw it.
Grapefruit Lady had set up a director's chair on the front porch and was singing. To the neighborhood. At 8:30pm. On a Tuesday evening.
I immediately ran upstairs to my guest room to see if I could get a better visual. I could not, because trust me, there would be a picture on this site if I could have. I can't tell if she sings in English or Portuguese. And I definitely could NOT tell what song she was singing. For someone who "recorded an album", it was pretty damn bad. I mean, I thought my animals were in danger.
She set the chair up again the next night, but the concert was rained out. I haven't heard her sing again, but I like to think it will be a nightly summertime event. One can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment